Saturday, July 5, 2008

Doppelgangers

Have you ever heard how in German lore you'll see your own doppelganger shortly before you die?

I have a doppelganger in Tacoma. She drives a moss green and tan VW beetle. 70's vintage, possibly a super, but I've never been close enough to tell. Other people have seen her, and she's even come into the bookstore, but I was on lunch at the time. Possibly I dodged a bullet. Erik's even delivered pizza to her house and once I followed her car a little ways, but I never saw her face.

I've been asked if I have a sister with a volkswagen a couple times.



I don't honestly believe that if I see her I'm going to bite it, but it is something fun to think about. It could be that I'm actually her doppelganger, and I'm just her death waiting around until the time I've got to harbing. Or maybe we doppel eachother and the second we see eachother face to face, we will blink out of existance.

I hope not though. Who would take care of her radmobile?


I wonder if maybe she is out there blogging about the doppel in the 89 subaru...









things I like:
witch hazel trees that turn bright shocking red in the fall

things I don't particularly enjoy quite so much:
waiting for vacation time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting for vacation time does suck weewees. megan...you blog is fricking awesome! keep up the good work :)

megan lee said...

Thanks Craig!