Sunday, February 22, 2009

Birthday party

It's my moms birthday today! I went to church with her this morning, and helped to greet people at the door. I saw mom's friend Pam, and Pam said

"Oh Megan! So nice to see you! You look normal, it's nice."
Taken aback, the only thing to say was "Normal?"
"Trust me, it's a good thing."

I have no idea what to think of this conversation. Was I not normal last she saw me? I tried thinking of what I looked like... I haven't had pink hair in years. She only sees me at church, and I dress nicely for church... What on earth did she mean by that?

My mom only laughed and said "Yes that's weird." so at least I'm not alone on this.

For my mom's birthday, we painted her living room and entryway, and tomorrow I'm taking her to see Coraline.


In other news, planning out a novel is like constructing a working robot out of all the contents of the game closet: mashing jenga pieces up with a couple different puzzles, hooking up operation into Hi Ho Cherrio, and glueing checkers into candyland. Yet, I feel I'm making some headway. I've got about three chapters, and I may have solved some serious logistic problems. I knew that monopoly shoe would come in handy.

No comments: