Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Snow Boarding Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Before we left, Erik switched our bindings so I was no longer in the step in things and actually had a way to make them tighter. Oh my god oh my god that makes such a crazy huge difference. I actually got off the chair lift without falling. TWICE. And I rode my back edge down the mountain, had a couple really long runs, and even enjoyed a couple falls.

The snow is really really nice when it has more of a give than wet concrete, which was comparable to last time. This time there was probably about seven inches of new snow, and when I took a crazy fall going end over end, I got up laughing, because holy crap falling in that is fun.

Going up the first chair lift, I had the idea that it would be my last run ever, because I was terrified, and certain I would only be able to ride backwards again, and take another flying fall onto my head again, and maybe brake a collar bone, at best. But somehow that terrible fear motivated me into learning the right way to go down the mountain, and I even had fun.

Oh man, just like two more times and I'm sure I can ride the chair all the way to the top.


In writing news I have to scrap about two chapters due to my setting being just too crazy to work. Best laid plans... well we all know what happens to that.

No comments: